Sunday, November 23, 2014

Nightmare

Had a very, very, unpleasant nightmare last night. I can't even remember how long its been since I have had a nightmare, or any dream, that I can actually remember. But man... This one was vivid. Never felt anything like it...

It started with me in the dorm, at night, with all the lights out. I was in my bed and I heard something moving around in the room. It wasn't Carlos, because I heard him stir around a bit in his bed, which was to my right. It wasn't his rabbit, because it was definitely in its cage, beside Carlos' bed, and the sound was definitely... Something bigger. No, no... this sound was coming from the front of the dorm. It was pitch black in the room, and I just... Couldn't move. I remember my eyes were open, but my body completely refused to move, no matter how badly I wanted to go for the lamp. As I was trying to call out to Carlos I noticed something different about the dark I was staring up at. Like it got even deeper and darker, and I was staring into these two big ovals of blackness. I couldn't hear anything anymore, except my own breathing and my heartbeat pounding in my ears. It was like these big, horrible eyes in the dark staring down into mine, and I was just... Helpless. I felt these cold, damp, fingers on my face, and they were just... strange. Joints in the fingers were... Well... Strange, is the really best way I can put it. They didn't feel like normal fingers, too rough to be skin and they were... long and thin. I felt the hand tighten its grip and force some of those freakish fingers into my mouth and throat. I didn't feel any sort of gag reflex, I was not choking, but I knew they were in there, and I still couldn't move no matter how bad I wanted to... And I wanted to really, really, badly. My entire body felt like it was screaming to move, but my muscles just refused. I remember this really pungent odor, but... Beyond it being sweet, I can't... really place it. Then the dark ovals, those eyes staring down at me, started getting bigger for a minute, like they were closer... almost eclipsing the dark of the room, and then... Suddenly they were gone, and so were the fingers down my throat.

I was just sitting there in the dark of my room, listening to my heart beat and wondering what the fuck just happened. Then suddenly the light turned on and Carlos says "Good Morning" to me all cheery, before looking at me funny for already being awake. I could move again, and I'm actually awake. Legit awake. It was a... Pretty freaky dream. I even checked to see that the doors and windows were still locked, and yes they were. Right now I am just wondering what a nightmare like that could mean? Dreams do mean stuff, right? I usually like to think so... In this case, I just hope the ramen I ate was bad or something. Well, here's hoping it won't happen again tonight, because I have shit to do tomorrow, and these kinds of dreams just really... Really drain me for the entire day. I can't afford for that crap to get in the way.

I guess it's just... There is just one thing that's really still bothering me about that nightmare... I don't remember ever waking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment