Wednesday, November 5, 2014

I am an Idiot

Dear Diary, I did something stupid today.

Future-Me, do you remember that nice 30 foot drop into a small creek near the woods? Future-Me, do you remember that time one of the local kids Carlos was entertaining accidentally dropped a goddamn doll over that drop, and it landed on top a tree? Yeah. Fun times. I really would have thought my body would have recovered from my injuries a bit more by now, but I hurt like hell! Everything that was broken is now insanely sore again, and I don't know why. I just climbed a tree. That was it. It shouldn't make me feel fresh out of the hospital.

At least the girl was happy to have it back, though her Mom might be more reluctant to let her come watch the Amazing Carlos eat fire and blow it out in front of a group of children. She just freaked out for no reason and bolted away from the "scary man." That is probably the biggest compliment anyone has ever given Carlos. "Scary." He looks like a goober even without the magician outfit. Maybe she was expecting Harry Potter or something?

Actually that might be above her reading level, now that I think about it.

Carlos seems just depressed about the whole thing, though. Real perfectionist about his performing, and kids are his favorite audience. I told him he can't please everyone, and there will always be some oddballs in the audience that don't think he is entertaining or... Thinks he consorts with Satan or something, to get his magic powers. Because the kid really did look scared.

Maybe I should tell Carlos to knock off the fire breathing and eating around kids that young. For now, I am going the fuck to sleep and hopefully not feel like garbage when I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment