So, it turns out that Carlos has made some buddies in the
Timberwolves. Victor Kruger and Jacob Kase, are their names. I've
seen them around, but don't really know them personally. Kruger is a
strong looking guy with a perpetual mean look, and weird colored
brown hair and hazel eyes, while Kase is a smaller, thinner dark
haired guy who seems pretty quiet for a Timberwolf. Anyway, they
invited Carlos to a bonfire gathering at 3 AM, and decided I could
come too. Well. I promised the Judge.
It wasn't really a... Party though. I mean, I had heard of some of
the really weird shit that the Timberwolves did and the College
allowed for some reason. In this case, it was the Annual offering to
The Spinner. What is the Spinner? I have no idea. Kase told me it was
an urban legend with several different supposed origin stories. Most
of the Wolves basically treat it like a religion worshiping
Spider-Man. There were about a 100 people at the bonfire, and some of
them were even wearing black robes with the hoods up. It would have
looked very cult-y if most of them weren't completely shitfaced and
trying to scare their friends by sneaking up on them in masks with
the robes. Still, I gotta admit being a little creeped out by the
couple of them in the robes that were treating this seriously. Most
of them had Flashlights, except for a couple of guys close to the
bonfire, who had actual torches.
So, the Bonfire is supposed to be a sacrifice to the Spinner, to keep
him from... Exacting bloody vengeance of some shit. The way Kase
explained it, I don't think anyone in the Wolves actually really
knows why they do this little ritual every year. Not that they do it
right anyway. Kase said they don't know what the offering is supposed
to be, so they just kind of throw in old clothes, monopoly money,
booze bottles, food and any old shit they don't want. There IS a set
volume though, and the "High Priest" or whatever he was
supposed to be, noticed it. Apparently, this year, someone's offering
portion was smaller than it needed to be. High Priest Guy asked that
person to step forward or suffer The Spinner's wrath and anger. No
one did, and the Wolves started making death jokes.
During all this Carlos was busy helping Kruger with emptying his
booze bottle offering. I was ready to leave, honestly.
But then the High Priest guy kind of shrugged and started throwing
shit into the fire. I did ask Kase why the school allows this stuff,
and he told me he doesn't know. But he did point out that one of the
friggen School Board members was at the bonfire. Thomas Corvin who,
if I recall, is a stupidly rich guy who owns the majority of the
county. Still, I don't quite think supporting a pseudo-cult is
something he supposed to be doing, so I really have to wonder why he
was here. According to Kase, he never went to this college, so... I
dunno. The whole thing just felt off to me.
Starting to rethink my promise of becoming more social, if this is
how people are.
No comments:
Post a Comment