Back from the Judge's and he's doing fine. If there's one thing I
cannot stand about college, it's how hard it makes it to visit the
Judge. Best parent I never had, barring some big life changing event
that makes Mom and Dad worth a damn. Not likely, is it Future-Me? I
hope the Judge is still around whenever your reading this. I really
don't get it, though, how did Judge turn out the way he did, while
Dad became the exact opposite? Never gonna ask that question to Judge
or Dad, though. Gotta be a happy family, sane, normal and happy.
Anyway we didn't talk too much about what happened last year, so that
was nice. I mostly just talked to him about school, and my "peers."
Evidently he wants me to try and pick up some magic tricks from
Carlos, but I'd rather not have Carlos calling me as his padawan, or
Teller, or whatever. That would be just embarrassing. He does want me
to start being a bit more social, since college is supposed when you
form all sorts of lasting friendships and stuff. Promised him I would
go to the next big party, gathering thing I get invited to.
I wonder if Judge ever gets married? Future-Me, seriously, start
encouraging him if he isn't. He'd be a great Dad, and he really
doesn't deserve this kind of loneliness, especially now that I am no
longer his de facto son.
He did want me to visit Mom and Dad though. I... Probably won't
before Thanksgiving, though. Certainly don't want to interrupt their
parties, no sir. Besides, given everything, I really don't want to be
around them and alcohol, and you know Dad's drinking problem isn't
going to go away just because I ask. Judge knows that too, but he
really wants me to maintain a relationship with Mom and Dad. He
shouldn't worry, so much. I'll probably keep some ties to them, if
only for his sake. Though I guess I should try bugging them about
actually handing out candy this year, since Halloween is just a week
away.
I'll just do it tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment