Carlos has been out trying to find any information we can on the
others, again. I got to remain here to recover. I suppose the bad
news is, that it wasn't very lonely. I had visitors today, beyond
tall, dark and faceless. First it was that Thomas Corvin guy, again.
He didn't even bother knocking, he just walked in like he owned the
place... Which, I guess, he kind of does.
"Good Morning Jeremy, how are you feeling today?" He said
with a smile. He should be able to tell damn well how I feel, so I
really don't appreciate the smile, which I made known to him.
"I woke up hanging from a tree. How the hell do you think I
feel?"
I think he pretended not to notice my anger. "Well, it could
have been worse. Do you happen to know how it happened?" He
started pacing around the room, looking at stuff. I think that
qualifies as an invasion of privacy or something.
"There was a knock on my door in the middle of the night, I got
up, opened it and someone... Dressed in black slammed my head into
the door frame. Then I woke up in a tree. I told security this
already." I hate having to repeat myself. Especially when it's a
lie.
He opened our fucking fridge at this point and began poking around
inside. "Yes, yes Campus security mentioned your story. I just
wanted to hear it in your own words. Are you sure..." He looked
at me with his smug little smile. "... That's all there is to
it? If there is something you aren't telling me, it could very well
endanger the lives of..." He giggled. "... Other students.
I cannot allow that, you know? So please, try hard to remember, is
there anything else you can tell me about..."
At this point, my second visitor came in the open door. That FBI
Agent from before, Elliot, came in. I saw Corvin sniff something in
the fridge, before getting up and smiling at Elliot. For his part,
Elliot just looked at him funny.
"Ah, Special Agent, glad to see you here. I was just leaving,
I'm sure you have a lot to talk about with poor Jeremy, but don't
take too long." Corvin grinned at me. I really, really, don't
like the way he smiles. Something is fucking wrong with this guy.
"Poor Jeremy needs his rest, after that ordeal."
Elliot kept quiet for a bit, glancing at me, before saying
"Riiiight... No need to worry. We won't be long, I promise."
Corvin left after that, thank God. Elliot kept staring at him the
entire way out with a look that seemed like a mixture of disgust,
irritation and concern. He even followed Corvin out the door and
watched him leave the building, before coming back to me with his
questions. Unsurprisingly, his first question was "What in the
world was he doing here? What did he ask you?"
So I told him what Corvin asked. He responded by holding the bridge
of his nose and sighing, before giving me a very obvious warning.
"Between you and me, kid? That guy is up to no good, and I have
a suspicion that you and your friend might be involved. Be very
careful what you say to him, or around him."
Then he went to check the fridge, I guess to see why Corvin was
poking around. He sniffed something in the fridge too, so I asked him
the obvious. "What the hell are you doing in there?"
He paused and looked at me, giving a small smile. "You clean
your fridge out often? It reeks in here... I suggest eating out more
often, or in the cafeteria."
"... Sure. So, I guess you came here to ask why I was strung up
in the woods?" I said.
He nodded. "Anything you can tell me would be appreciated,
especially if it was out of the ordinary. Maybe something you think
you saw. Anything at all."
Since he said that... I decided to bite the bullet and risk sounding
crazy. "When I opened the door... I... Thought I saw a something
standing there. It looked like a... big black Spider, human thing...
With big empty eyes, before it grabbed me and slammed me into the
doorframe." I decided not to mention Slender Man.
Elliot looked at me as if deep in thought. "That sounds pretty
crazy, kid. Not been doing drugs in here have you? Especially nothing
psychedelic or hallucinogenic? Don't worry, I won't tell. I am
homicide, not narcotics."
Of course. Probably shouldn't have gone straight to the "giant
bug man" thing up front like that. "No. I've been clean for
over a year now. No drugs or alcohol..." No fucking alcohol.
He smiled in response. "Yeah, smart kid. Me? The only drug I
have is Coffee. Mmmm... Matter of fact, I'm gonna go get my fix of it
right now. You take care of yourself now, kid. If anything else
happens, you come find me, you hear? I'll be around for a while yet,
and I get the feeling this isn't over. Good Luck."
And he left. I was more or less by myself, barring a tall twisted
silhouette in the distance, outside the window. I did decide to check
the damn fridge and see why the hell everyone wanted to sniff it. The
only thing I noticed is that it smelled very sweet in there, for some
reason. I think I've smelled it before somewhere, but I can't place
it. Whatever.
So that was my day. How is everyone else doing out there in this
alleged community?
Dear Boy, you should think very, very hard about who you can trust. Not everyone you have met at this college is who they appear to be.
ReplyDeleteOK. I am thinking very hard, and have decided that I do not trust a word you say, Random Anon.
DeleteHow very, very petty of you. You really shouldn't shun good advice.
DeleteAlright then, so why don't you give me one good reason to trust a word out of the same guy who has been harassing my comments section for the past two months? Tell me, and do be honest, why? Why would you give me legitimately good advice, if your goal is to fucking kill me or something?
DeleteMerely trying to make things more interesting while we wait.
DeleteWait? Wait for what, exactly?
DeleteI'm fine, thank you for asking. And a question for you, do I still not have a blog? But anyway, I'm sure I don't have to say the FBI's thoughts over for him again, that Corvin guy is giving me the creeps all the way on the other side of my computer.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you should invest in a deadbolt for your door. Won't help with Him but should keep unwanted humans away at least.
-Gray
A deadbolt might be a good idea, yeah... But then again, this is a college. I am not sure they will allow that here, and Corvin runs the place in any event. So I am sure he would force me to hand over a key or something.
DeleteAnd... I don't know. Your Profile says it is unavailable or something.
Huh. Odd. Well, maybe a bell or something so that whatever is sneaking into your room will trip it and you'll wake up? I don't know, that's so creepy that something's rooting about in your room.
DeleteOur problem is, we aren't waking up fast enough. I hear whatever was in here messing around with things, but by the time I wake up enough to figure out that this isn't normal, and turn on the light, nothing is there.
DeleteYou don't find it concerning that something the FBI agent described as 'reeking' smells good to you?
ReplyDeleteNot... Really? I can't stand those little fucking... Pine scented air fresheners that people hang in their cars. Some of that incense crap that Carlos likes to burn gives me a headache. People just have different opinions of what smells good and what doesn't. I guess I don't mind slightly overpowering sweet scents, and that Elliot guy does.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteNow, now Mr. Banks, if you have read this blog, you should know what we think of Good and useful advice like that given so freely. No cheating.
Delete